LearnUpon is looking for a Senior Rails Developer to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon is a cloud-based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Philadelphia, Sydney, and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customers’ experience at the heart of everything we do; we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. You can be part of a team who supports and guides each other to be our best (especially on those tough days), and who does their best work in a supportive and fun environment.
Our Development team consists of highly talented web developers working in an innovative and dynamic environment.
What will I be doing?
- Architecting and delivering solutions that continue to amaze customers.
- Working alongside a team, shipping features on a rapid release cycle.
- Researching and prototyping newer technologies to constantly evolve the product.
- Reporting directly to our CTO and working with our Engineering and QA teams.
What skills do I need?
- Can appreciate technology agnostic solutions for a clear company vision.
- Experience with understanding and implementing Agile-focused best practices.
- 5+ years experience building applications using Rails, Django, Laravel or equivalent framework.
- Extensive experience with relational databases and query performance.
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services.
- Previous experience of eLearning technologies.
- Experience with API and payment gateway integrations.
- Experience troubleshooting HTTP and application performance issues.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- One-on-one training and mentoring from members of our amazing development team.
- Exposure to all aspects of web development and cutting-edge web technology.
- Flexible working hours.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to two 1-hour technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.