LearnUpon is looking for a Head of Engineering to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon is a cloud-based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Sydney, Philadelphia and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. You can be part of a team who supports and guides each other to be our best, who does their best work in a supportive and fun environment.
You will be joining our experienced and fast growing team based primarily in Belgrade. Reporting to our CTO, your focus will be on end-to-end project delivery, while your mission will be to empower and help teams continuously improve in both function and form. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for leading our engineering teams, continually mentoring and improving their consistency and efficiency.
What will I be doing?
- Strategic and tactical responsibility for the delivery of the LearnUpon product.
- Directly lead our cross-functional teams including: Development, QA, Design and Product Management.
- Manage product lifecycle processes and workflows to achieve efficiency, transparency and strong communication of goals/progress across the company.
- Work with product leads and design leads to ensure the roadmap is aligned with engineering requirements, features have correct specifications, and appropriate user stories are created.
- Determine the technical stack required and identify areas of constraints early in development. Plan sprints in advance and pre-determine possible edge cases to be resolved.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of LearnUpon’s engineering management team.
- Recruiting great engineers and managers, in collaboration with LearnUpon’s recruiting team.
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior technical / managerial role.
- You have experience with project management and agile workflows.
- Timely delivery and team morale are your constant.
- You love to mentor and lead teams all the while knowing when and how to recruit great people into your teams.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of what it takes to deliver an enterprise cloud-based product.
- Technical enough to be able to ask senior engineers good questions about software and architectural decisions.
- Furthermore, discuss these decisions with team members that may not be familiar with such terminology/technologies.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility in cross-functional teams.
- Test automation, TDD and CI/CD are familiar ground for you.
- You are comfortable with trying out new tools and navigating unknowns.
- Excellent written and spoken English for communicating with cross-functional teams.
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience maintaining large scale/production SaaS solutions.
- Scrum Master experience and/or qualification.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of technical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.