LearnUpon is looking for a Frontend Developer to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon is a cloud-based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Sydney, New York and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we commit to producing work that we can be proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. You can be part of a team who supports and guides each other to be our best (especially on those tough days), and who does their best work in a supportive and fun environment.
Our Development team consists of highly talented web developers working in an innovative and dynamic environment in Belgrade. Our marketing team consists of super smart digital marketers that are bursting with ideas. Our ideal candidate will take on all of our digital marketing ideas and add to them while meeting all the requirements of our Engineering team. You’ll be making meaningful contributions and quickly seeing those contributions come to fruition.
What will I be doing?
- Working on a variety of projects, including our website and our product.
- Lead the charge to develop a marketing website that reflects our LearnUpon brand – modern, responsive, and clean.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to match visual design intent and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with other members in the marketing and product teams to meet all objectives.
- Develop logical, efficient and compliant code to be implemented across a variety of projects, from email to landing pages to web applications.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Adhere to project schedules and effectively report progress to meet challenging deadlines.
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of experience in web development in production environments, with a portfolio to backup this experience.
- Experience in using UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, JQuery UI, or an equivalent.
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent).
- Experience developing cross platform/browser compatible dynamic web, video and mobile web applications.
- Resourceful, creative, adaptable, detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our utmost to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience with AngularJS or similar JS framework
- Application development using PHP or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with security and performance front-end troubleshooting.
- Contributing to open-source front-end frameworks.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment.
- Monthly social events and occasional team trips to Dublin.
- Continuous education through various internal and external channels.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private Health Insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.