LearnUpon is a cloud based software company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Sydney, New York and Belgrade. LearnUpon is designed for organizations looking to distribute their courses and track their training quickly and easily at scale.
At LearnUpon we put our customer’s experience at the heart of everything we do, we always strive for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we are proud of. Our company is a very open, collaborative environment where team and individual successes are celebrated and encouraged. Join a company where everyone works together as a friendly, supportive team who like to have fun!
Reasons to work for LearnUpon:
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Help us achieve more awards.
- Work in a fast paced atmosphere – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
The part time Accountant will have an important role working closely with the Head of Operations and CFO to oversee key financial areas of the company. The role will be responsible for managing Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliations, Revenue submissions, as well as preparing the monthly management accounts, and working with external Auditors. This role will suit a highly competent individual, who is looking for an interesting 2 days per week part-time role that can offer a supportive and fun working environment that is flexible in nature.
What will I be doing?
- Reconciling bank accounts and credits cards weekly.
- Posting daily Purchase Invoices to the accounting system.
- Preparing the monthly Payment Run.
- Running month end checks in preparation of Management reporting.
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets register.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Preparing Revenue Returns (Bi-monthly VAT, Quarterly VIES, Annual RTD, Annual 46G).
- Assisting with the Annual Audit by liaising and supporting our external Auditors.
- Reviewing and improving company financial processes and implementing policies in consultation with the Head of Operations and CFO.
- Ad hoc finance projects.
What skills do I need?
- Qualified Accountant (ACCACIMACPA) with a minimum of 3-4 years experience.
- Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Exposure to Multi Entity reporting.
- Experience working with external Auditors.
- Key competencies required:
- Attention to detail – ability to analyse data and provide insights.
- Organisational skills – ability to complete tasks and change priorities as required.
- Inquisitive – ability to champion new processes and policies.
- Communication skills – excellent written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivation – ability to own your workload and work in a self-directed environment.
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- XERO experience is an advantage.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to an onsite interview with the Head of Operations.
- Finally, candidates will have an interview with our CFO.
- The successful candidate will be contacted with an offer to join our team.